[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
Citroen Owners Club • View topic - DS5 Hybrid MPG Performance

DS5 Hybrid MPG Performance

Have your say about your local main dealer here. Keep it real so it can help other members.

DS5 Hybrid MPG Performance

Postby Flash72 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Forum - I have now had my Hybrid DS5 for 7 months and I have to say I am very unhappy with it. I got the car because for its milage claims (72.4Mpg Combined). I am only getting 45Mpg at best. I drive very sedately, always try to keep the car in economy - but there is absolutely no way of getting near the 72Mpg claim - even if I was getting 60 I would be happier.

Also the Hybrid does not have AM/LW radio band - as I used to listen to Talksport a lot - its impossible on the Hybrid. Anyone know of any software update that will help this?

Any thoughts or tips on any of the above points?
Flash72

Re: DS5 Hybrid MPG Performance

Postby coc1 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:20 am

Hi Flash!

Have you spoken to Citroen UK?

They don't like neg feedback and it sounds as if you must have some kind of problem to only get the mpg you mention, to be blunt a straight diesel does better mpg than that???

If you need the email address for Citroen Uk just look up a new car on our site and there is a direct link + phone number etc......also have you spoken to the supplying dealer?

Good luck let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Gary
Citroen Owners Club.
coc1

Postby Flash72 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply - yes Citroen UK have basically told me - that it must be my driving style, so they were not much help really. The dealership are taking the same tough line too.

I also have a 59 plate C4 Picasso and I get more MPG from that!! :-).

I have recently told my supplying dealer that I am looking to take things further now and it may end up in me returning the car - its that bad.

I'll keep you updated.
Flash72

Postby coc1 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:04 am

Hi Flash,

Cant beleive what a hard line they are taking!

Just a thought, if you are taking it further, have you got household legal expences cover?

It a little add on policy that runs with or alongside your buildings and or contents insurance. Sometimes its called family legal expences and comes free!

Most policies include retail desputes and that what you have got basically it that your DS5 doesn't do what it says on the tin and therefore its arguable that its either been mis-sold by being mis-described or is just outright of unmerchantable quality becasue it doesn't 'work' properly.

Ask you broker or insurer, you never know you could get a free solicitor on board!

Good luck
Gary
coc1

Return to Main dealer feedback